Sunday, October 7, 2012

I am alive :)

I do apologize for the quietness on my blog this past month...
I had a great month it was just very busy!  The highlight was finally getting a long awaited box from home that my family and friends put together for me...It took three months to get here but it was worth the wait!  My Moms homemade raspberry jam was just what I needed to drive away the bout of homesickness I had been going through :)
School is going really well.  I fall more in love with the kiddos every day :)  Teaching has proven to be very stretching for me but I do love the challenge :)

I am looking forward to welcoming my little sister, Anneke and our friend Alyssa, to the Philippines on October 18th....I seriously can't even tell you how excited I am!!!!  Please pray for them as they prepare for their trip :)  They will be here for Three weeks serving at the school and feeding sites.

It is hard to believe that you are going into Fall/Winter....The weather here is hot, muggy and rainy.  I am slowly getting used to it...I will definitely miss the snow this year!  I never thought I would say that hahah :)

I will end with a verse that was a huge encouragement to me this month.

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.  James 1:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment