Friday, June 1, 2012

Today is my one month anniversary!!

Here are some pictures of the house I am living in :)
 Here is the back.  We use this entrance the most.
And these are the chickens that live in our yard sometimes :)

I will be sharing this house with three other girls.  There are three bedrooms,  two bathrooms and a main living area with a kitchen and living room.  It is so sweet and cozy and I am very happy :)

This past week I definitely struggled with a round of homesickness!  God is so faithful though! Each time I was feeling upset or down He either used my devotional time or individuals here to speak words of comfort and peace to me.  I am so thankful that I know God is right beside me each step of the way!

School will begin on June 18th!!!  It is just around the corner!  I found out I will be teaching Kinder 2.  I think this is going to be a very wonderful and stretching experience for me :)  I am very excited to meet my students!  I will be teaching alongside a Philippine teacher named Ronel.  He has been a teacher for 5 years.  I am very thankful for his experience in the classroom and I am eager to learn from him!  The next couple weeks I will be busy helping to clean the school and get everything ready for classes to begin.  There is still work to be done on a couple of the new classrooms and overall it just needs a good cleaning due to the construction that has been going on this Summer.

Until next time! Olivia Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment